Thursday, August 14, 2014

Off the wishlist: Isabel Marant Etoile Baki coat





Etoile Isabel Marant Baki coat
I've been obsessed with this coat for a few years now. It is probably the oldest item on my wishlist! When it first came out in 2009, my style was rather polished and its casualty didn't fit my wardrobe. Aging made me gravitate towards more comfortable attires hunting quality timeless pieces rather than trends. So I feel in love with in 2012. Well after it was sold out everywhere. I actually preferred the Bator, because its hues fitted better with my wardrobe, but I settle for this one since the latter is impossible to find...

I have bought and tried second hand similar coats from IM but I was never totally satisfied with my purchase. Too big. Too small. No collar button. Too worn out!
A few weeks ago this beautiful coat popped up on an online consignment store for a ridiculous price. It was barely worn. So I didn't waste a second buying it! I was delirious! Finally, I will be able to wear the coat I coveted so much. 

It arrived this afternoon at my doorstep. I wrapped myself in it. Stood in front of the mirror...Something seemed off. It felt bigger than the other size 1 Etoile coats I have tried. Is it because it is the newest coat I have bought and it hasn't suffered any shrinkage with time? Maybe. 

All these years to be disappointed. It feel like I was meeting a long distance flame whom I have been idealizing for years to realize that he has flaws when we finally meet...

I think I am going to give a try though. Fall can already be sensed in the air here. We will see if this love was built to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment